For foreign craftsmen

Foreign craftsmen who live abroad and work for a Dutch company or agency, are entitled to childcare benefits in the Netherlands or their country of origin. Whether the childcare is more beneficial for a foreign employee depends on their personal circumstances. In order to receive childcare benefits in the Netherlands, employees must meet the following conditions:

  • they must declare wages for income tax
  • they must pay social security contributions or operate their own business

Childcare benefits are granted to parents by the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB) and are paid out quarterly. The amount depends on the number of children and their ages. More information on childcare benefits can be found on the Sociale Verzekeringsbank website.

The Sociale Verzekeringsbank has an international website with information about child benefits. Visit the website in EnglishGerman or Polish.